Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Hayward Regional Shoreline


Hiking Trip #1.
Very easy. Gravel path. No hills. We didn't even break a sweat. I was forewarned about this park so I did expect it to be a little stinky. Salt beds and swamps surround the area. The path circles around a landfill. It was interesting, saw a few birds, foggy SF across the water. Traffic included bike riders and other hikers, not many though. If I were to return here, I'd definitely just bring my bike, (that I still have to buy). The only challenge comes from the length of the hike itself although you can cut it short and just circle back.



I love hiking. It's loads of fun! You don't even realize you're doing yourself good, both physically and mentally. Feedback from my fellow hikers did include a desire for a bit more of a challenge.
So stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment